News and Events
- 5-8 July 2018 — Emily Winerock, Linda McJannet, Nona Monahin, Anne Daye, and Nancy Isenberg, presented papers at the Dance Studies Association conference in Malta, hosted by Brandon Shaw
- We’re on Twitter! Please follow us and tag your Shakespeare and Dance related news and tweets with #dancingbard.
Calls for Papers and Proposals
- December 15, 2018 – Deadline for abstracts for the upcoming ESRA (European Shakespeare Research Association) to be held in Rome at Roma Tre Univer (July 2019) – http://esra2019.it/seminars/. Nancy Isenberg is convening a seminar with Adeline Chevrier-Bosseau and Adina Bottez on Remappings and New Centerings of Shakespeare on the Opera-Musical and Ballet-Dance Stages.
- 15 January 2019 — Call for proposals deadline for the Dance Studies Association conference to be held in Chicago, 8-11 August 2019
Featured Essays and Abstracts
- All abstracts available in one place for the Shakespeare and Dance special issue of Borrowers and Lenders (2017, vol. 10, no. 2) edited by Elizabeth Klett
- Abstract for forthcoming essay “The Rhetoric of Dance in The Winter’s Tale” by Melissa Hudler
- “‘Come, now a roundel and a fairy song’: Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream and the Early Modern Invitation to the Dance” (Cahiers Élisabéthains, 2018) by Andrew Hiscock (pdf)
- “Dancing on Her Grave: Shakespeare’s Tragic Heroines on Film” (Dance Chronicle, 2016, vol. 39, issue 1) by Linda McJannet and Emily Winerock
Featured Glossary Entry
- Reconstruction of A Masque Gowne from early 17th-century England