News and Events
- 3-5 May 2017 — Linda McJannet presented at SEDERI 28, the annual conference of the Spanish and Portuguese Society for English Renaissance Studies, University of Vigo, Pontevedra, Spain. The theme of the conference was “Transcultural Bridges: Seas, Town, and Texts in Early Modern England,” and her paper was entitled “Choreographic Bridges: Then and Now.”
- 22-24 June 2017– Linda McJannet presented at the Shakespearean Theatre Conference, “Shakespeare 401: What’s Next?” in Stratford, Ontario. Her paper was entitled “Embodying the Sea: Shakespeare and Physical Theatre.”
- 27-30 July 2017 — Amy Rodgers presented on the panel “Now Let Us Anatomize Shakespeare: Shakespeare-Inspired Ballets in European Ballet Companies” at ESRA in Gdansk.
- We’re on Twitter! Please follow us and tag your Shakespeare and Dance related news and tweets with #dancingbard.
Calls for Papers and Proposals
- 30 April 2017 — Call for proposals deadline for Music and Dance in Visual Culture conference from 5-7 Oct. 2017 in Athens, Greece. Details and submission at https://ridim.org/call-for-papers-17th-ridim-conference-5-7-october-2017/
- 15 April 2017 — Call for proposals deadline for individual papers and complete panels and workshops for the Sixteenth Century Society and Conference from 26-29 October 2017 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Details and submission at sixteenthcentury.org/conference.
- “Choreography for the Devil: The Deed Scene in Marlowe’s Doctor Faustus” by Linda McJannet
- “Dancing in Twelfth Night: Courtly versus Carnal Entertainments” by Emily Winerock
- “Dancing on Her Grave: Shakespeare’s Tragic Heroines on Film” (Dance Chronicle, 2016, vol. 39, issue 1) by Linda McJannet and Emily Winerock