Calls for Papers and Proposals
- December 15, 2020 — Proposals due for “Moved by Shakespeare” dance seminar at ESRA Shakespeare Conference in Athens (June 3-6, 2021)
News and Events
- We’re on Twitter! Please follow us and tag your Shakespeare and Dance related news and tweets with #dancingbard
Coronavirus Cancellations and Postponements
- October 15-18, 2020 — Dance Studies Association conference in Vancouver, Canada — rescheduled for October 13-16, 2022
- July 18-24, 2021 — World Shakespeare Congress in Singapore — including Global Shakespeare and Dance (Seminar) and From Text to Movement and Back Again: Staging Dance in Shakespeare’s Plays (Workshop)
Featured Essays and Abstracts
- “Shakespeare and Physical Theatre” by Linda McJannet (2019)
- All abstracts available in one place for the Shakespeare and Dance special issue of Borrowers and Lenders (2017, vol. 10, no. 2) edited by Elizabeth Klett
- Get your copy of Choreographing Shakespeare: Dance Adaptations of the Plays and Poems by Project Associate Elizabeth Klett
- Check out the Oxford Handbook of Shakespeare and Dance edited by Project Associates Lynsey McCulloch and Brandon Shaw. It contains essays by our three Co-Directors and by many other of our Associates and dance studies colleagues. This beautifully illustrated collection is a major contribution to our growing field.
Featured Reference List
Featured Glossary Entry
- Tariro Mzezewa, “What if Shakespeare’s Dark Lady Told Their Love Story? What if It Were a Ballet?” The New York Times (Feb. 5, 2019)
Updated September 14, 2020.