Calls for Papers and Proposals
- December 1, 2021 — Contributions sought for essays for this website
News and Events
- April 6-9, 2022 — Shakespeare Association of America conference in Jacksonville, Florida
- October 13-16, 2022 — Dance Studies Association conference in Vancouver, Canada
- We’re on Twitter! Please follow us and tag your Shakespeare and Dance related news and tweets with #dancingbard
- Heads up: The special issue of Shakespeare Jahrbuch on Shakespeare and Dance is just out and will be posted online shortly (vol. 157, 2021)
- Get your copy of Dance Lexicon in Shakespeare and His Contemporary: A Corpus-based Approach by Project Associate Fabio Ciambella (2021)
- Check out the special issue of Cahiers Élisabéthains: A Journal of English Renaissance Studies on Shakespeare, Dance, and Music, edited by Adeline Chevrier-Bosseau: https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/caea/102/1 (2021)
- Get your copy of Choreographing Shakespeare: Dance Adaptations of the Plays and Poems by Project Associate Elizabeth Klett (2020)
- Explore the Oxford Handbook of Shakespeare and Dance (2019) edited by Project Associates Lynsey McCulloch and Brandon Shaw with essays by many of our project associates. This beautifully illustrated collection is a major contribution to our growing field.
- “‘Speechless Complainer’: Lavinia in Dominic Walsh’s Titus Andronicus“ by Ilana Gilovich-Wave (2021)
- “Shakespeare and Physical Theatre” by Linda McJannet (2019)
Featured Reference List
- Tariro Mzezewa, “What if Shakespeare’s Dark Lady Told Their Love Story? What if It Were a Ballet?” The New York Times (Feb. 5, 2019)
Updated November 3, 2021.