News and Events
- February 2019 — The long awaited Oxford Handbook of Shakespeare and Dance has appeared! Edited by Project Associates Lynsey McCulloch and Brandon Shaw, it contains essays by our three Co-Directors and by many other of our Associates and dance studies colleagues. This beautifully illustrated collection is a major contribution to our growing field. Congratulations to all!
- We’re on Twitter! Please follow us and tag your Shakespeare and Dance related news and tweets with #dancingbard.
Calls for Papers and Proposals
- 15 August 2019 — Call for papers for the Renaissance Society of America conference in Philadelphia, 2-4 April 2020
Featured Essays and Abstracts
- All abstracts available in one place for the Shakespeare and Dance special issue of Borrowers and Lenders (2017, vol. 10, no. 2) edited by Elizabeth Klett
- Abstract for forthcoming essay “The Rhetoric of Dance in The Winter’s Tale” by Melissa Hudler
- “‘Come, now a roundel and a fairy song’: Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream and the Early Modern Invitation to the Dance“ (Cahiers Élisabéthains, 2018) by Andrew Hiscock (pdf)
- “Dancing on Her Grave: Shakespeare’s Tragic Heroines on Film” (Dance Chronicle, 2016, vol. 39, issue 1) by Linda McJannet and Emily Winerock
Featured Glossary Entry
- Reconstruction of A Masque Gowne from early 17th-century England