News and Events
- 28-31 March 2018 — Amy Rodgers is co-leading the seminar “Scholar-Practitioner Shakespeare” at the Shakespeare Association of America conference in Los Angeles.
- 4-7 January 2018 — Emily Winerock presented on an all-dance panel, “Dancing Reformers or Reformed Dancers? Dance, Religion, and Gender in the Reformation,” at the American Historical Association annual meeting in Washington, DC.
- We’re on Twitter! Please follow us and tag your Shakespeare and Dance related news and tweets with #dancingbard.
Calls for Papers and Proposals
- 15 February 2018 — Call for proposals deadline for the American Historical Association conference to be held in Chicago, 3-6 January 2019.
- 31 May 2010 — Call for proposals deadline for the European Shakespeare Research Association conference to be held in Rome, 9-12 July 2019.
- “Choreography for the Devil: The Deed Scene in Marlowe’s Doctor Faustus” by Linda McJannet
- “Dancing in Twelfth Night: Courtly versus Carnal Entertainments” by Emily Winerock
- Shakespeare and Dance special issue of Borrowers and Lenders (2017, vol. 10, no. 2) edited by Elizabeth Klett
- “Dancing on Her Grave: Shakespeare’s Tragic Heroines on Film” (Dance Chronicle, 2016, vol. 39, issue 1) by Linda McJannet and Emily Winerock
Featured Glossary Entry
- Reconstruction of A Masque Gowne from early 17th-century England